Episode 10: The Russian Cycling Mafia
Well. In cycling, we can’t go too long without a doping positive to keep our cynical juices flowing, so this week Denis Galimzyanov filled that role for us. So of course we spend time talking about this subject. However, rest assured we cover other topics that are less depressing! Jeff Chandler (@c_fiddy) joins me again this week.
- A positive tests leads to a suspicious confession. (CyclingNews article) We talk about the web of doping, why cyclists might start doping, and if doping cyclists get the support they need. (Listen for an embarrassing mispronunciation here)
- Contador will return for the Eneco Tour, a race that has a special place in my heart. (CyclingNews article) We discover another man crush that Jeff has and we discuss my attraction to boys who are quiet off the bike but aggressive on the bike.
- Amstel Gold: Gasparatto showed he was using his head, Gilbert finally shows some life (and panache!), we discuss how Frank Schleck used to be fun to watch and how sad Andy is sometimes.
- Fleche Wallonne: I think it could be anyone’s race, Jeff think Gilbert will finally take a win.
- Giro del Trentino: Mainly I mispronounce this name to a very amusing end. And I also lament that Nibbles won’t be at the Giro.
Posted on April 20, 2012, in Podcast and tagged alberto contador, amstel gold, doping, giro d'italia, peter sagan, phillipe gilbert, tour de france, vincenzo nibali. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.