Deep Thoughts: Stage 8 TdF
It was a crazy day in the mountains! The shortened stage meant attacks were happening left and right, almost up until the end of the stage.
- Jens Voight was a big instigator of the attacks and spent a lot of time on the front. The rest of the stage was really hard to follow, I thought, as any time there are breaks, attacks, catches, attacks, etc, I can never keep track of who’s where.
- It was great to have a French stage winner- I always love it when that happens. I also love Thibaut’s name. Thibaut. It’s such a great name.
- Another amazing day of attacks by the front runners. Watching those guys duke it out it pretty awesome. Each one does his best to break the others, but as of yet, on one has had any luck.
- Cadel! Does that boy want it or what?? I’ve always seen him as a bit of a passive rider- often a wheelsucker, if I may use the term. Last year, he raced very defensively, not taking the yellow jersey until the last day. I think the only day I remember him taking the lead was the day Andy took off and won the stage. The cheek he’s shown these last couple of days has done a lot to endear him to me.
- Again, really happy to see Nibbles up there.