Deep Thoughts: Stage 13 TdF
Today wasn’t as boring as yesterday, but, as another transition stage, it didn’t hot up until the last 30km or so. First it was a Classic style climb- short and steep. And totally awesome to see. Watching the guys climb up that hill made my legs BURN!
- Today was Cadel’s day to try and break away. Mainly I was just excited to see that his legs weren’t as dead as we thought. It looks like stage 11 was just an off day. Or least I hope so. That was awesome thing #1.
- Awesome thing #2: Markov’s breakaway
- Awesome thing #3: Vino’s sadly unsuccessful breakaway attempt.
- Awesome thing #4: Bradley’s leadout of EBH
- Awesome thing that didn’t happen: Sagan’s new victory salute. He was beaten fair and square by Greipel and the Lotto train.