Episode 27: Pelotonitis Supports Women’s Cycling
Jeff is back and we apologize, talk about the book club we’re going to start for Tyler Hamilton’s book, and donate to women’s cycling.
- Pelotonitis pitches in to support women’s cycling. The Unofficial, Unsanctioned Women’s UCI Cycling Blog/Show is raising money for a Social Media “jersey” to donate to the female cyclist that has the best social media outreach! As female cyclist’s make peanuts compared to the men, this is a way to show support of women’s cyclist and let them know we care! Go to their donation page and give what you can. The fundraiser closes in 10 days and they’re really close to $2,000. UPDATE: They’ve reached $2,000! That is pretty amazing. Please go and donate!
TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION!
- We discuss the popular “truth and reconciliation” idea being talked about a lot recently. Inner Ring isn’t convinced it could work in pro cycling. Normally we advice you to stay away from the comments section, but this article has a great comments section, so check that out as well.
- Is it a watershed moment for cycling? And how much is the media guilty of keeping omerta and the myth alive (article)?
NEWS AND RACING!
- We get sidetracked talking about Cav leaving Sky (article) to talk about the Tour, the parcours, why Wiggins won, could he win again, etc.
- Anna impresses with her French accent as we talk about the Gran Prix de Montreal, the Tour of Britain, and the Vuelta.
Subscribe via iTunes
Posted on September 10, 2012, in Podcast, Vuelta a Espana and tagged alberto contador, bradley wiggins, doping, jakob fugulsang, Jonathan Vaughters, lance armstrong, mark cavendish, vuelta, women's cycling. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.