Episode 29: Grumpy Old Man
Jeff is back again this week, and Anna gets distracted by the color maroon, we discuss why Anna would make a terrible professional cyclist (besides the obvious), and she declares herself the Jan Ullrich of podcasting. Plus, Jeff casts the role of Hein Vebruggen in the upcoming cycling movie!
- First, we discuss Cannondale taking over the lead sponsor title at Liquigas (article, article)
- Pat McQuaid and the UCI does its best impression of a flip-flopping politician, and decides maybe truth and reconciliation isn’t such a good idea after all (article)
- Hein Verbruggan does his best grumpy old/senile man, and gives a crazy-pants interview (article)
- Verbruggan/McQuaid sue Kimmage (article)
- Operacion Puerto trial begins (article)
- Kreuziger, Breschel, and Bennati to BankBank
- Bobridge first and only to leave GreenEdge and goes to Rabobank (article)
- Cancellara would like to leave RadioShack, but can’t (article)
- We discuss what it means to wear the rainbow jersey, and this obsession cycling fans have with “respecting it.” Plus Nibali’s valiant attempt and Gilbert’s emphatic win.
Subscribe via iTunes
Posted on September 26, 2012, in Podcast, World Championships and tagged alberto contador, daniele bennati, doping, fabian cancellara, hein verbruggan, jack bobridge, jens voigt, liquigas-cannondale, mattti breschel, Pat McQuaid, paul kimmage, phillipe gilbert, roman kreuziger, UCI, vincenzo nibali, world championships. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.