Episode 39: 2012 Cycling Moments
In this special (short) episode, we talk about some the 2012 cycling moments that helped make the season memorable for us!
In Anna’s (very) unscientific survey, there were a few moments that quite a few people mentioned.
- Tom Boonen’s win at Paris-Roubaix
- Ryder winning the Giro
- The Olympics- Vos’ emotional win and Taylor’s oh-so-close 4th
Then there’s the race that got Anna’s vote: Milan-Sanremo. Watching Nibali, Cancellara and Gerrans duke it out until the end, and cross the line with the peloton snapping at their heels- amazing!
Other, smaller moments that got votes:
- Iljo Kaisse and the Tour of Turkey- slipping his chain in the last 2km, yet still managing to hold off the peloton and take the stage (at 6:50)
- Stage 17 of the Veulta (one of Anna’s favs), when Rodriguez finally cracked and Contador took an emotional win
- Stage 8 of the Tour, when Madiot freaked out over Pinot’s win
- Stage 15 of the Giro, when Rabottini refuses let Rodriguez take away his solo breakaway efforts
All of these moments helped make 2012 an awesome year for cycling. We can’t wait for the new season to start and make more moments![audio http://archive.org/download/PelotonitisPodcast/PelotonitisPodcast39.mp3]
Subscribe via iTunes [rate us if you love us!]
Posted on January 4, 2013, in Podcast and tagged alberto contador, alejandro valverde, fabian cancellara, giro d'italia, joaquim rodriguez, marianne vos, milan-sanremo, olympics, paris roubaix, ryder hesjedal, taylor phinney, tom boonen, tour de france, vincenzo nibali, vuelta a espana. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.