Jeff distracts me from my well laid agenda, reveals his new favorite team, we decide that the name of the game is “wait and see,” as it’s too soon to tell anything right now, and we discuss the merits of Chipotle.
[Note: if you really love us, rate and review us on iTunes! That helps other discover us. And if you give us 5 stars, we’ll read your review on the air ;)]
- Kimmage give the UCI a taste of its own medicine by suing for defamation of character [Velo Nation]
- GreenEdge ups the anti-doping ante by opening up an independent panel into doping [Cycling News]
- SKINS sues UCI for not protecting them from scandals [Cycling News]
- We shed light on how US races handling doping controls. Need moar controls! [Cycling News]
- We talk AGAIN about how the points system is flawed [Cycling News]
- Jeff reveals his new favorite team, as we talk about the possible World Tour teams [Velo Nation]
- Both Cav and Sky lied a little to themselves when they try to make it work [Guardian]
- Bertie starts a team for developing riders and it warms Anna’s heart [Velo Nation]
Subscribe via iTunes.
We give Skype high fives, we talk shit about things we don’t know anything about, and generally ramble on.
- Vaughters supports Kimmage (link) and speculates that people aren’t speaking out because they’re afraid of the consequences.
- Kimmage is energized by this support (give here!).
- Jeff likes to pay his bills late. Or at least not early. Just like USADA (link). And honestly, why are we even talking about this stuff anyway, when we actually have no idea what is really going on??
- Stefan Wyman is using the power of social media to collect donations to support the women’s team he owns and manages. Donate here! Anna convinces Jeff that this is actually a good idea.
- Basso and Pozzato to BankBank?? (link)
- We talk about Bert winning Milano-Torino, Lombardia, and the newly revealed Giro route.
Subscribe via iTunes
Jeff is back again this week, and Anna gets distracted by the color maroon, we discuss why Anna would make a terrible professional cyclist (besides the obvious), and she declares herself the Jan Ullrich of podcasting. Plus, Jeff casts the role of Hein Vebruggen in the upcoming cycling movie!
- First, we discuss Cannondale taking over the lead sponsor title at Liquigas (article, article)
- Pat McQuaid and the UCI does its best impression of a flip-flopping politician, and decides maybe truth and reconciliation isn’t such a good idea after all (article)
- Hein Verbruggan does his best grumpy old/senile man, and gives a crazy-pants interview (article)
- Verbruggan/McQuaid sue Kimmage (article)
- Operacion Puerto trial begins (article)
- Kreuziger, Breschel, and Bennati to BankBank
- Bobridge first and only to leave GreenEdge and goes to Rabobank (article)
- Cancellara would like to leave RadioShack, but can’t (article)
- We discuss what it means to wear the rainbow jersey, and this obsession cycling fans have with “respecting it.” Plus Nibali’s valiant attempt and Gilbert’s emphatic win.
Subscribe via iTunes